How To Ride
The Citrus Connection SMARTCARD is a reloadable plastic card that has replaced the existing paper passes. It is also automated with a chip that allows passengers to store their reduced transit fare on the card. Simply buy a new Citrus Connection SMARTCARD or add additional fares on an existing Citrus Connection SMARTCARD when you board the bus.
Click here for Spanish translation.
Purchase your new Citrus Connection SMARTCARD for only $2.00. Load any of these fare options; Senior, Disabled, ADA, Day Pass, 7-Day Pass and 31-Day Pass, using cash or credit card at the following locations:
- From any bus operator on board any Citrus Connection fixed route bus (cash only)
- Citrus Connection Main Office: 1212 George Jenkins Blvd., Lakeland, FL 33815
- Lakeland Transit Terminal: 200 N. Florida Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801
- Winter Haven Transit Terminal: 555 Avenue E NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881
- Regional Mobility Call Center: 1290 Golfview Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bartow, FL 33830
Cash will still be accepted on board to purchase One-Way fares and/or a Day Pass to use with your SMARTCARD.
When you register your Smartcard,
receive a $3.00 Day Pass!
Applies to first time registration only.
Tap your Citrus Connection SMARTCARD on the SMARTCARD Reader to pay for your trip. The screen will then show your new balance.
If you tap your Citrus Connection SMARTCARD twice, a red light will turn on and the screen will read “No Passback”.
All transfers will remain free when you use your Citrus Connection SMARTCARD, Day Pass, Weekly Pass or Monthly Pass.
Note: Misuse of the card may result in deactivation.
Your card can store two passes at one time.